On this segment of this special 2 part episode, Dave sits down with Billy Gene at his studio in San Diego to talk about the power of advertising. Here are some of the things they talk about:
- Billy Gene’s evolution from working out of his parents home, to having his own studio
- If you make as much back on your ads, you basically have no marketing budget
- Being an entrepreneur actually takes a lot of skill!
- Starting out is always much harder, and you have to persist to get to the comfortable times
- If you don’t feel super alone, you are on the wrong track
- The power of storytelling and how it can affect emotions
- How to learn to be creative (just Google it!)
- Don’t be afraid to change your offer
- How Tyler Perry used his name to brand his movies
So listen in to the first half of Dave’s interview with Billy Gene as they discuss marketing strategies that Billy has learned in his 12+ years of “overnight success”.